Friday, May 2, 2008

My Training Partners


So I've finally managed to strap my 3 y/o son back into the jogger - we went through a phase where he wanted NOTHING to do with it. Since then, my 6 y/o has learned to ride his bike all over our neighborhood. First thought should have been, "Yeah I'm so proud of you little man, such an accomplishment to finally ride without training wheels, a major milestone." I of course had that thought first, followed immediately by, "YEAH, FINALLY they can BOTH come running with me!!" No more excuses for me to sham...I have no excuses (maybe that's a bad thing)? I have to admit, I quite enjoy having my boys with me on my runs. Little guy and I sing whatever song he starts to belt out and I truly enjoy watching my oldest ride into the sunset so confident and sure of himself. The part I don't enjoy as much is when he stops way ahead of us and shouts, "can't you go any faster mom?!" As if I'm not already busting my tail to keep up while pushing 50+ lbs of kid and jogger! I have a whole new appreciation for those of you moms that run with double joggers, I don't know how you do it!!

No comments: