Friday, February 29, 2008

Spring is coming!!!

Well, right now it is 17 degrees, so it doesn't feel very spring-like! But next week looks like it is going to warm up and right now they are predicting temperatures to go up to 68 degrees on Monday! I really hope THAT happens!

Things have been going really well with our racing team. At least, I think they have! :) I would love to hear other team members' input (HINT, HINT :) ) It's been really great to see everyone's times improving and the mileage increasing every week. I really look forward to those evening track workouts! We have a race coming up on 3/9 that most of us are going to be able to run. I can't wait to see how everyone does.

I am still recovering from the whole childbirth thing from November. I get really frustrated to be working so hard and still going so slow. I know my weight is part of the problem. But I know from past training I really just am slow, even when I am a good running weight. I just keep hoping though when I lose the weight and as my mileage and speedwork increases, some sort of post partum miracle will happen and I'll get speedy. :) And at the very least, I will get faster than I am now!

It always impresses me to see really fast runners like Stephanie, Jamie, and Karen. It's been really rewarding to see them get even FASTER! I can't wait to see where they are by the end of the year. And I am always so grateful to Julie so I am not running all alone! The conversation and laughing is what makes the running so much fun and makes being a running sloth worth it! :)

No comments: